Description of the plant
Wild garlic (Allium ursinum) is a wild herbaceous plant that grows freely in the meadows, pastures and forests. Today wild garlic also grows as a vegetable crop, and is therefore more accessible for nutrition.
The plant has a green oblong leaves that have a specific smell of the garlic.
Particular attention should be paid to this fact, because wild garlic can easily be replaced with some other poisonous herbaceous plants such as lily of the valley.
On the long green stalks are placed small white flowers gathered in blossom.
The underground part of the wild garlic is bulb, which looks like a bulb of garlic and is edible.
The edible part of the plant is harvested fresh green leaves of the plants before flowering. After flowering, bulbs are in used.
It is interesting that the typical smell like one that has garlic is present only while eating.
Nutritional Profile of Wild Garlic
Biochemical composition of wild garlic is similar to the composition of garlic.
As garlic and wild garlic contains a lot alin, alkaloid which in the presence of oxygen is converted into allicin, which has a positive effect on blood vessels.
Also, the leaves of wild garlic are rich in vitamin C, sugar, starch, vegetable fibers, minerals and carotene.
Health Benefits of Wild Garlic
• Excellent cleaner of the blood, liver and gall of accumulated toxins during the winter period. Wild garlic is harvested during the spring and eaten fresh. In this way, the blood has been purified and body has been refreshes with minerals and vitamin C that were deficient in the winter diet.
• Wild garlic is ideal as a protector of blood vessels; increases their elasticity and prevent atherosclerosis; lowers the level of bad cholesterol; lowers high blood pressure.
• Cases of intestinal infections and intestinal parasites in children – wild garlic will show his positive traits.
• Wild garlic is used to treat various ailments in the respiratory tract - bronchitis, cough, mucus in smokers, facilitates breathing.
• Wild garlic has antibacterial properties and boost immune system
• It removes the headache and insomnia
• Helps to heal the wounds that have extensive
How to prepare a tincture of wild garlic for lowering blood pressure and clean the blood vessels?
- Bulbs of wild garlic
- Alcohol (not too strong)
Finely chopped leaves or bulbs and filled bottles to the brim and then poured alcohol. Hold up bottle to 14 days in the sun or warm place. Daily drink 14-15 drops with a little water.
The use of wild garlic in the diet
Wild garlic is used in the diet during the spring months as a fresh salad, made of green leaves.
With drying, plant loses flavor and healing properties and is therefore used only in fresh condition.
Wild garlic bulbs in a mature form can be used to prepare meals as well as garlic clove.